The Preparing to Breastfeed course aims to give you a good understanding of how breastfeeding works, how to prepare to breastfeed and how to get breastfeeding off to the best start. Parents should be able to make informed decisions around infant feeding choices and the course aims to provide you with current, evidenced based information to support you to achieve your feeding goals.
The course is suitable for anyone thinking of breast/chest feeding, combi-feeding or pumping, whether this is your first or you have breastfed before.
What does the course cover:
- How breastfeeding works including supply & the mechanics of a breastfeed.
- Recognising feeding cues & normal infant behaviour.
- How to get feeding off to a good start following your birth.
- Where to access qualified support.
- How to position baby and attach baby for a feed.
- How to tell if breastfeeding is going well.
- What can partners do to support the breastfeeding parent?
- Antenatal colostrum harvesting, hand expressing & pumping.
- Feeding in public.
- Common breastfeeding problems.
- Mindfulness techniques to support your feeding journey.
Other benefits of attending the course:
- A reserved place for our mindful breastfeeding postnatal support course – Mindful Parents Connection.
- A unique discount on any further feeding support for the duration of your feeding journey with the baby or babies you are expecting when you book the course.
- A Digital Workbook resource file with a wealth of resources to support your feeding journey.
- A few exciting course surprises!
This is a comprehensive virtual course which lasts for approximately 5 hours over 3 evenings.
Dates for the next course are: 14th, 21st & 28th April and will take place virtually. The course will start at 7.30pm, and will be recorded if you are unable to join for one of the sessions.
Further dates for 2021:
- 14th, 21st & 28th July
- 15th, 22nd & 29th September
The course is priced at £45, and partners/supporters are welcomed to join as well.