What’s the course all about?
The Preparing to Feed My Baby course aims to give you a good understanding of how breastfeeding/chestfeeding works, how to prepare to breastfeed/chestfeed and how to get feeding off to the best start. Parents should be able to make informed decisions around infant feeding choices and the course aims to provide you with current, evidenced based information to support you to achieve your feeding goals.
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is suitable for anyone thinking of breast/chest feeding, combi-feeding or pumping, whether this is your first or you have breastfed before. You can participate in the course at any stage during your pregnancy, but we generally suggest from around 20 weeks onwards.
What does the course cover:
- How breastfeeding/chestfeeding works including supply & the mechanics of a breastfeed.
- Recognising feeding cues & normal infant behaviour.
- How to get feeding off to a good start following your birth.
- Where to access qualified support.
- How to position baby and attach baby for a feed.
- How to tell if breastfeeding is going well.
- What can partners do to support the breastfeeding parent?
- Antenatal colostrum harvesting, hand expressing & pumping.
- Feeding in public.
- Common feeding problems.
- Mindfulness techniques to support your feeding journey.
Bonus Course Content:
- Access to the Digital Workbook which has a huge variety of feeding resources for you to refer back to including Feeding Plans.
- A reserved place for our postnatal support course – Mindful Parents Connection.
- A unique discount on any further feeding support for the duration of your feeding journey with the baby or babies you are expecting when you book the course.
- A few exciting course surprises!
What have previous attendees said about the course?
“I was extremely impressed with Libby’s knowledge and how supportive. a person she is. I know that if I encounter any problems I will be able to reach out to her and feel fully supported. She made the course really enjoyable and interesting and really engaged with everyone on the course. I now feel fully informed and ready for breastfeeding my baby.” Rebecca
“It was a brilliant course, thoroughly enjoyed it. Libby is a brilliant teacher and clearly knows her stuff, so glad to have completed the course.” Kate
“I just want to say a huge thank you to Libby. I didn’t know how I felt about breastfeeding at first and my knowledge on breastfeeding was little. Libby ehas explained all aspects of breastfeeding, and it has helped my understanding of why we breastfeeed, how to do it and all in between. Now I feel I undesrstand breastfeeding and I feel confident in whatever I do will be right for. my baby. I cannot recommend enough.” Laura
“For someone who knew very little about breastfeding other than what other mums had struggle with, Libby’s course was not only informationve and helpful but I also came away feeling empowered and determined. Libby provides information on all types of feeding, not just exclusively breast, so I would highly recommend this course for any mums-to-be looking to be armed with some knowledge before baby’s arrival!” Mummy K
How long does the course last?
This is a comprehensive antenatal feeding course, comprising of 3 sessions. Each session lasts around 1.5 hours.
Can my partner/support attend with me?
Yes! Your course fee includes a space for you and your partner/supporter. We very much encourage your supporter to attend the sessions too.
When is the next course?
Dates for the next course are; 14th, 21st & 28th July and the course will take place virtually.
The course will start at 7.30pm each week, and will be recorded if you are unable to join for one of the sessions.
Further dates for 2021:
- 15th, 22nd & 29th September
How much does the course cost?
The course costs £45.