Beyond Birth Classes
We currently have two Beyond Birth courses available to book:
- Beyond Birth in Nature – starts 8th September for 6 weeks, at 10.00am each week. This takes place outside in Belfairs Woods. You can find further details and book this course here.
- Beyond Birth – starts 3rd November for 6 weeks, at 11.30am each week. This takes place inside at St Peters Church, Hinguar Street, Shoeburyness. Please read on for further details and to book…
What is a Beyond Birth class?
Beyond Birth is an indoor group session for parents with babies of any age up to 12 months, or who are not yet confident walkers. The session is run by The Milk Hub in collaboration with holistic sleep coach & parenting expert Lizzie Noble from Parenting Explorers.
The Beyond Birth classes focus on supporting parental mental health and well-being in the postnatal period, using a combination of mindful and wellbeing parenting tools.
The sessions provide support for parents as they transition to life with a new baby. Together, we explore different ideas and strategies which have been expertly blended by professionals to support your mental health and wellbeing with life as a new baby. The transitional period when a new baby arrives is one of the most challenging and transformative times in our lives, and with the support of the tools discussed in the class – we will help you to build resilience to help you cope with the challenges and enjoy the feel-good moments in parenting.
This is your postnatal community, your parenting village.
You will receive the following bonus content when you book a Beyond Birth course:
- A Beyond Birth Gift at your very first Beyond Birth session.
- Access to bonus sessions on infant sleep and infant feeding.
- Access to recordings of the guided relaxations to use throughout the course.
- Be part of our Beyond Birth community in the accompanying Whats App group which is just for parents attending the same Beyond Birth course. Meet other new parents, and access specialist support on a range of parenting issues, all within your ‘phone!
How does each session work and where does the class take place?
Beyond Birth classes will take place in person at St. Peters Church in Shoeburyness, with all necessary Covid security precautions taken, and will last approximately 60 minutes. There is free parking onsite, and the venue is a short walk from Shoeburyness Train Station and on several major bus routes.
When are the course dates and times?
Our next indoor Beyond Birth course will start on the 3rd November, full dates are listed below. Beyond Birth classes start at 11.30am.
The November Course Dates
- 3rd November
- 10th November
- 17th November
- 24th November
- 1st December
- 8th December
How do I book the course?
You can book the course as a block booking for all 6 sessions, which costs £65.
You can also book on a ‘pay as you go basis’ per session too. PAYG places for virtual sessions are £15 each, and are subject to class availability – priority is given to those booking the course blocks. If you would like to book a PAYG session, please contact us.
Please note, if you think you are struggling with any type of perinatal mental health condition such as postnatal depression or anxiety, please do reach out for support from your care team such as your Midwife, Health Visitor or GP. You can also contact the PANDA’s helpline on 0808 1961 776, or visit their website here.